Have you ever used WordPress Security Plugins for your website? Whether you have a website or do you plan to have one in the future, you should consider having extra protection for it.
Besides basic stuff of hosting, content, SEO, one of the most important features of any website is security. Considering that a new hacker attack happens every 39 seconds, this subject becomes more relevant from year to year.
So, let’s dive into WordPress Security Plugins. In this article, you will find out which are the best 5 plugins to help to protect your website.
iThemes Security Pro
You may know it as Better WP Security, its old name. This plugin has 2 versions: a free and a premium one. It’s a malware scanner, which will automatically scan your website and detect any weak points of it. It may be weak passwords, outdated software, or other vulnerable elements. The free version is ok, but the premium version comes with some cool features such as:
- strong password reinforcement
- regular backups
- alert emails if there are some suspicious actions or updates on the site
- limit login attempts, or add an extra layer for the authentication process
- lockout any user and others.
Also, it automatically scans for corrupted files and changes so you do not need to put in the extra effort to find it by yourself.
Sucuri Security Plugin
One of the most recommended security plugins for WordPress is the WordPress Security Plugins available in free and paid versions. This is a perfect plugin for both experienced programmers and beginners as it has an easy setup in the WordPress dashboard. Sucuri includes free activity auditing of blacklists, notifications, or security hardening.
We recommend this plugin for these specific features:
- Advanced DDoS protection (included in some plans, it assures that your website won’t be overwhelmed by malicious traffic)
- Firewall protection (it helps block hostile hackers attacks)
- Instant notifications about security threats
- CDN Servers (copied website content stored in one static server of Sucuri)
- Reduce website loading time and improve the overall performance of your website
All in one WP Security & Firewall
This is one of the best free security plugins, meaning that it is available for anyone and moreover it is easy to use even if you don’t have development experience. All In One WP Security & Firewall has a lot of features that are easy to use. This plugin offers a lot of graphs and stats of your website’s status and of course, it recommends suggestions to improve it. Perfect for small businesses or beginners, it provides explanations for every metric to help you to understand them so that you can use this data to boost your business. Below you can find more features of this plugin:
- Scanning of dubious patterns
- Backup or restore files using a specific tool
- Automatic fixing some basics problems
- IP filter on specific locations in order to block some users if it’s case
- Blacklist and unlocking people in a few clicks
Jetpack is another very popular plugin used for protection, but also it boosts site speed. This all-in-one plugin was created by the WordPress company itself. You surely will be impressed by the number of features it has. Some properties that will guard over your website are:
- Automatically updates WordPress plugins or notifies you if you use the old version of WordPress
- Daily backups
- Spam protection assured
- Brute force attack defense
- Automate blocking dangerous activity on the website
- Restore anything if something goes wrong
Another great solution to protect your website or online store is the Wordfence WordPress plugin. It includes a firewall and malware scanner you can use for free. Wordfence creates reports about overall traffic patterns and hacker attacks. This is a thing that you should take into consideration if you want to protect a multitude of websites. Around 4 million sites built-in WordPress are kept safe by this plugin.
- Real-time reports about visits and hack attempts
- Country blocking, manual blocking
- Find and repair broken files
- Notifications about breached passwords in order to help you to change them faster
- You can use the free version for as many sites as you want
These are our recommendations for the best 5 WordPress Security Plugins. We described them briefly, so it is up to you to understand which one is the most suitable for your website. Every plugin mentioned in this article has strong features and some of them have a strong reputation that you can rely on.
We also recommend you to visit our article: 4 Content Protection Plugins you should use for your WordPress Website.