In this example we will take as an example the Coinflip theme. It comes with multiple custom taxonomies for the Casinos, Slots, Bonuses or Bookmakers custom post types. Below it is a list of taxonomies. Each link example represent a taxonomy. The slugs will be written in bold font weight.
- Categories: https://coinflip.modeltheme.com/categories/certified-casinos/
- Softwares: https://coinflip.modeltheme.com/softwares/blandit/
- Licences: https://coinflip.modeltheme.com/licences/convallis/
- Languages: https://coinflip.modeltheme.com/languages/english/
- Currencies: https://coinflip.modeltheme.com/currencies/aud/
- Payment Methods: https://coinflip.modeltheme.com/payment-methods/cash/
In order to replace or override the slug from a taxonomy link, simply copy and paste this code in your functions.php, in your child theme:
In our example we’ve used the taxonomy Payment Methods:
- Taxonomy name: ‘mt-listing-payment-methods’
- Taxonomy slug: ‘payment-methods’
After adding the code into the site, the taxonomy name will remain the same, the slug (the link) will be changed from ‘payment-methods’ to ‘payment’.
How to get a taxonomy name:
Important: Reset the Permalinks after adding the code, in case you see 404 error when accessing the link.