Since version 2.0 of the Tikidocs theme, we have added to the option to automatically update the sidebar on the knowledge base pages.
The first step to enabling this feature is to make sure that your theme is at least at version 2.0 or higher.
Then you can head to your knowledge base articles and start the change.
Before a change like this, especially if it will be applied to all content, please make sure to create a backup of your website to
1. Delete the current sidebar
The whole sidebar will be replaced by the new shortcode so the old one needs to be deleted entirely.
2. Add the new shortcode container
- Click the “+” button in thee now empty block to add a new shortcode;
- Select to add the MT – Knowledge Base Categories Accordion, you can find it more easily by sorting the shortcodes by MT: ModelTheme.
A pop-up will appear asking for a title or an animation, these fields can be left empty;
Click Save changes
3. Add the Knowledge Base inner shortcode
- Click the “+” button in the new block;
- Select to add the MT – Knowledge List Item
A pop-up will appear asking for a number of posts, you can type a number and that number of categories will populate the sidebar or you can set the number to -1 and the sidebar will be populated and updated automatically will all the existing categories that have at least one knowledge base article.
Click Save Changes
Now all you need to do is updated the knowledge base article for the changes to take effect.