With more than 1500 purchases on Envato Marketplace, iBid becomes the best auction template on the internet. This article will give you at least 20 reasons why you should choose iBid when it comes to a new/existing auction website. We already made an honest theme review a few months ago and it got much attention. For this reason, we decided to create a new press release with some other reasons for which iBid should be used as a solution for your next auction site.
1. Multi Vendor Auctions Marketplace
iBid is the ideal candidate for auction marketplaces. A multi-vendor marketplace is like a pot of gold for business owners. They can win money from their vendors by setting up commissions for their sales/auctions. We took this theme to a whole new level and made it compatible with four multi-vendor marketplace plugins:
Each marketplace comes with a number of unique characteristics. We made it compatible with multiple plugins because they were requested numerous times by our customers. You should use the one that works best with your business model.
2. Single Vendor Online Store
Even though in our ThemeForest item description we mentioned the fact that this theme is suitable for both multi and single-vendor websites, we are often asked again. And, yes, the theme works best for single vendor websites (without any multi-vendor marketplace); in this case, admins/shop owners add/sell their products and auctions.
3. Mix Auctions and Products in a Single Marketplace
With the iBid theme, you can create a marketplace with both products for sale and auction products. We have added this functionality as requests came by from our customers. We also listed two customers’ feedbacks and most of the requested features are introduced regularly in theme updates. The iBid changelog contains all fixed, improved, or added aspects in each update.
4. Powered by WooCommerce
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce solution for online stores. It is open-source (free to download and use), supports any existing currency, is fully translatable in any left to right (LTR) and right to left (RTL) language, and has compatibility with hundreds of payment methods, including payment on delivery, PayPal, Stripe and more. With more than 5 million active installations, it is the most user-friendly eCommerce platform for webshops.
5. Reverse Auctions & Normal Auctions
Reverse Auctions can be added with just a few clicks on any auction from the site. Along with the normal auction feature, vendors and shop owners can also start a reverse auctions marketplace or store. Check this sample product if you want to test the reverse auction feature.
6. Numerous Auction Settings
Our developers have introduced auction settings on all of the compatible marketplaces. The vendors are now able to submit their auctions directly from the frontend panel, in just a few minutes. All of the auction options can be checked below:
- Charity Auctions – our unique auctions feature is made for those who are willing to raise money for different charity causes. More details on how this works at point number 7, below.
- Auction Settings
- Item condition: New / Used.
- Auction type: Normal / Reverse.
- Proxy bidding.
- Start price: the starting price for the auction.
- Bid increment: the value set by the vendor as increment value.
- Reserve price: If this option is enabled, the product will only be sold if the auction will reach the reserve price.
- Buy It Now price: a product price (if someone chooses to purchase the product immediately, rather than bidding for it).
- Auction Dates – Start and End: The availability of the auction.
- Automatic Auction Relist
- Automatically relist auction checkbox – if the auction doesn’t reach the reserve price or if the auction is not paid by the winner, it will be relisted.
- Relist if it fails after n hours.
- Relist if it is not paid after n hours.
- Relist auction duration in h.
7. Fundraising & Charity Auctions
As mentioned before, iBid is the most complex auction theme at the moment, with more than 1500 active sales (July 2021). We also covered a huge need for nonprofit organizations or activists: Added a Fundraising and Charity Auctions Demo. This demo is an active component of the iBid WordPress Theme.
8. Vendor Application, Approval, and Commissions
Admin and Shop Manager user roles will always have full power over each vendor from the site. They can approve or reject any vendor application and block or disable accounts at any time. On the other hand, shop owners will benefit from setting up vendor commissions. The commissions can either be set differently for each vendor or globally. The theme is compatible with four multi-vendor marketplace plugins. In order to consult how the commissions work for each plugin, please check the links below:
- Dokan Marketplace: How to Setup Dokan Vendor Commission.
- WCFM Marketplace: Commission Mode.
- WC Vendors Marketplace: Commissions.
- WCMp Marketplace: Setting up Vendor Commission and Payments.
9. Payment Methods – for the Single Vendor sites
If the iBid Auctions theme is used in a single vendor shop (the case when the admins manage the products and orders from a webshop), the payment method possibilities are endless. There are tons of official modules to enable payment processors from all over the world, from PayPal to Stripe and Payments on delivery. Take a look at this official WooCommerce Payment Methods page to see some of them; there are also more payment methods free on wordpress.org ready to fulfill any need.
10. Payment Methods – for the Multi-Vendor Marketplace sites
When a web store accepts vendors to add auctions and products on the website, it is called a Marketplace. Because it’s a marketplace, you will have to use an addon to extend the single-vendor functionality to multi-vendors. iBid is now compatible with four major marketplace plugins. In order to see the available payment methods for each marketplace plugin, please consult the list below:
- Dokan Marketplace: Payment Methods.
- WCFM Marketplace: Vendor Payment.
- WC Vendors Marketplace: Payments.
- WCMp Marketplace: Payment Methods.
11. Online Theme Documentation
iBid documentation covers the most important things you will need in order to start and run your Auctions Website. Step-by-step instructions on how to install the theme and how to import demo pages are also part of the theme docs.
12. Multilingual and RTL Ready
We all know that a global eCommerce website needs to be multilingual. With iBid, you can achieve this goal with just a few clicks. The theme is fully right to left (RTL, any Arabic language) and has compatibility with any translation plugin. Some recommendations of translation plugins: Loco Translate (free), WPML (premium).
13. Unlimited Theme Options Panel
An intuitive and easy-to-use theme options panel is a reason why iBid needs to be your solution for the next eCommerce Auctions Marketplace. From the theme panel, users can choose to import every single theme demo presented on our landing page, change colors, footer and header settings, layouts, social media accounts, and many more. Take a closer look at the following theme panel walkthrough:
14. Design That Sells
With its one-of-a-kind design created by our team, iBid comes with more than 19 theme demos to cover almost any major auction niche. From automotive auctions to tickets, tours, and real estate auctions, iBid has it all to be the only solution for your auction website.
15. Always Up to Date
Since we have released this auctions theme, we also release updates regularly. We always love to surprise our customers with new features, new theme demos (niches), and improvements, fixes, and new features. Check out the iBid changelog to see all features included in the released updates.
16. Pre-Made Theme Demos
At this moment, the iBid theme comes with more than 19 demos. All of them can be used for one of the following purposes: Multi-vendor marketplace, Single vendor marketplace, mixed auctions, and selling products marketplace or single eCommerce website. Choose a demo and preview the looks of your future website:
25+ Theme Demos
17. Loved by Our Customers
Don’t trust us? Check the reviews received on our ThemeForest profile.
18. Mobile Optimized Design
Our theme is fully optimized for mobile phones and tablets with smaller or larger resolutions; it also works and looks perfect in extra-large resolutions (we have tested the theme on 4K resolution devices).